- 5 Year Warranty!
- Rina Certification (see details under download section)
- Connects chain and anchor easily, no need for further shackle
- Higher breaking strength than chain
- Complete 360 degree swivel
- No projecting parts, allowing smooth recovery over your bow roller
- Fully fabricated (not cast) from 316 stainless steel
- Easy Maintenance: Visual inspection required at least once a year. Swivel must be replaced after 5 years of use.
To purchase online: http://ultramarineproducts.com.au/product-category/ultra-swivels/
The Ultra Swivel is a uniquely fabricated anchor swivel, connecting the chain and anchor without the need of additional shackles. Fabricated from 316 stainless steel and hand polished for stunning presentation on the bow, the Ultra Swivel is uniquely strong, slimline and does not require any locking pins or safety wires.
The breaking strength of the swivel is typically higher than the chain connected and allows 30 degree rotation with complete 360 degree swivel. The Ultra Swivel is fabricated with a unique flipping nub; assisting to recover the anchor right-way up onto the bow roller. This flipping nub, combined with the Ultra Swivels rotation and complete 360 degree swivel ability, ensures setting and recovering your anchor is an easier and safer task.
Hexagonal head locking bolts prevent the need for additional grub screws to secure the swivel pins, and every Ultra Swivel has the breaking strength listed on the rear of its one piece body.
Supplied with a standard three year warranty the Ultra Swivel incorporates unique design features and advantages, making it the worlds most advanced anchor swivel.
Visual inspection required at least once a year. Swivel must be replaced after 5 years of use.
Ensures locking bolt cannot release unintentionally.
Avoids potential damage to contacted surfaces.
Fabricated (not cast) one piece body ensures maximum strength.
The swivels chain size and breaking strength is recorded on the rear side of the swivel.
If the anchor is recovered up-side down the flip nub will assist the anchor to correctly right itself onto the roller.
Self cleaning and allows 360 degree swivel.
The opening is specially suited to the chain size.
Fabricated (not cast) one piece swivel head (which includes the semi spherical ball) ensures maximum strength.
All Ultra Swivels are supplied with a standard Five year warranty and are suitable to be used with most anchor types.
- ULTRA Flip Swivels are designed to work for many years without maintenance. However, given its importance within your anchoring system and for the safety of the vessel and its crew, we recommend as below. - Your ULTRA Flip Swivel needs to be inspected visually at least once per year (and more often if the anchor is in constant use). Look to see that the setscrews are still tight, and the pins firmly in there rebated sockets. - If the ball joint covered by mineral, applying water resist lithium based grease, relaxes its functionality. - It is normal to see some scars on the neck of your ULTRA Flip Swivel made by the flipping nub. These scars take place when the nub forces the anchor rotate to the proper position/orientation – evidence that your ULTRA Flip Swivel is performing its role. This is only an aesthetic scar. However, these scars shouldn’t increase over time. If the surface diameter under the scars is smaller than the diameter at where the neck and body combine, the swivel needs to be replaced. Otherwise continuation of this situation may cause a swivel failure. Possible reasons of such a situation : - Swivel is used together with an anchor heavier than its maximum anchor weight limitation in other words, using smaller swivel than the recommended one. - Smaller swivel is used together with higher grade chain having higher breaking load than the swivel. In this case as the small swivel will work together with higher loads it will have excessive wear. A swivel with higher breaking load than the chain connected has to be selected. - Too narrow rollers blocking the anchor from sides and does not let the anchor turn the right way up on the bow roller. - Rollers having special chain channels. These channels can block the anchor from sides once it is about to turn the right way up. They have more disadvantages against their advantages. - Using too fast recovery speed. It does not give enough time to anchor turn the right way up on the bow roller and it forces the swivel extremely. To not let this happen wait for 1 second as the anchor touches the bow roller. After the anchor turns slowly you can recover it totally without forcing the swivel extremely. IMPORTANT NOTES: - You have to pay attention to all above warnings. Otherwise, you might endanger your life and boat in time. For such situation the manufacturer and sellers of the ULTRA Flip Swivel are exclusion of liability. - Swivel must be replaced after 5 years of use or early in any case of wear - Once above warnings are not taken in consideration; ULTRA Flip Swivel is void of warranty.